Re: Unable to extend temp on non temp tablespace

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 23:58:26 +0100

Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl> wrote:

>4 Your file layout should be amended, 4 x 5G + 1 x 28G is *bad*
The only disadvantage that I can see is the so called inode contention for a file that is too large in size (compared to several files instead). If you know any other issue due to asymmetric space distribution between files, please let me know.

In my specific case, a file of 28 GB tends to be a problem at times, for example, when the file has to be moved to a different device: It takes longer. That is the reason I asked about shrinking it. Dropping all indexes / resizing / rebuilding is not a feasible alternative since that would last at least one day.

Thanks
Rick Denoire Received on Mon Jan 06 2003 - 16:58:26 CST