Re: autocommit ON but no commits visible in v$sqlarea

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 6 Jan 2003 14:27:44 -0800

hansdegit_at_hotmail.com (Hans de Git) wrote in message news:<72383d4a.0301060151.4ede21a9_at_posting.google.com>...
> Thanks to all. For the record: I am totally against Autocommit. The
> application we use is written for multiple databases: MS SQL server,
> MySQL and Oracle. I think that's why the vendor doesn't care about
> Oracle's superior transaction management, which is not very clever.
>
> However, if the application issues a sort of 'low level commit', can I
> still any evidence of this in the v$ views, or perhaps in some x$
> view?

I think you don't see it in sqlarea when using sqlplus because it is not there, the autocommit implies it and the area only has sqlplus statements. I am wondering why you don't see it from the OCI commands, though, I know the OCI code I have looked at shows commits. Have you tried the OEM views of the sqlarea with the vendor's code running (preferably something long and slow)? Of course, if you are serious about x$, select * from gv_$fixed_view_definition where view_name = 'GV$SQLAREA' could be a starting point.

You may have to shrink your log buffers if the waits others have described are ocurring. If you have other applications accessing this db that could be an intractable tuning issue.

jg

--
@home is bogus.
"The real damage to race relations in the South came not from slavery,