Re: kccrsz: expanded controlfile section AND controlfile_record_keep_time

From: <mokat67_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 21:56:47 GMT

Thanks a lot Howard.

" Oracle won't have a clue which archive to prompt you to supply. You then just have to guess which one to supply, and keep your fingers crossed you got it right. It doesn't render your database unrecoverable, in other words, but it does make recovery a much more awkward and lengthy procedure than it otherwise would be "

 I do not use the RAC ..... so the number days in the parameter file will (only) affect if I want Oracle during recovery automatic pop up with the next log file to apply <ENTER>? If the data is not available anymore in the control file then I have to enter the next log file myself ?

The next view V$RECOVER_LOG has the information which archive log files are needed for recovery. So the information is stored in the control file and in a table as well but recovery is using the control file information? Received on Mon Jan 06 2003 - 15:56:47 CST