Re: autocommit ON but no commits visible in v$sqlarea

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 09:14:30 -0800

Hans de Git wrote:

> Thanks to all. For the record: I am totally against Autocommit. The
> application we use is written for multiple databases: MS SQL server,
> MySQL and Oracle. I think that's why the vendor doesn't care about
> Oracle's superior transaction management, which is not very clever.
>
> However, if the application issues a sort of 'low level commit', can I
> still any evidence of this in the v$ views, or perhaps in some x$
> view?

There is no such thing as a 'low level commit' so to what are you referring?

You either commit or you do not. It is purely Boolean.

And when you say 'evidence' ... what evidence are you looking for? A smoking gun? A warm body? What is the objective? What is it you are actually trying to accomplish?

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Jan 06 2003 - 11:14:30 CST