Re: Intercepting Oracle traffic

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 16:42:19 GMT

Why stay away from triggers? That's the perfect place. What you are attempting is madness. Use the capabilities of the database; you paid for it. Have you considered views for the select part? If the application used stored procedures then what you are doing would be pretty simple. I suggest you reconsider what you are attempting.
Jim

--
Replace part of the email address: kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com
with family.  Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign.  You can figure