Re: question about initial extent

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 12:46:52 -0800

andi wrote:

> Hi All.
> If a tablespace is created using clause MINIMUM EXTENT 500K
> then a table is created on that tablespace with storage clause INITIAL 200K,
> which size will be taken to create the initial extent for the table?
> 200K or 500K?
>
> TIA,
> andi

It would make me think that someone isn't paying attention to the advantages of locally managed tablespaces with uniform extents.

Unless you have an antique version of Oracle change your tablespace definition to LMT with UE and put an end to the high cost of asking questions such as this one and tablespace fragmentation.

Daniel Morgan Received on Sun Jan 05 2003 - 14:46:52 CST