Re: Oracle stored procedures vs Running from a flat .sql file

From: Computer Person <xx_at_xx.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 19:45:43 GMT

Daniel, it's great to see someone so sure of themselves..All I can add is I think if our developers had the proper skill I might agree with you but it has taken the past 4 months to get this far in our project and they seem to be having problems with their framework all the time..I know as a developer myself (as well as system admin) that the same system could have been written/debugged and promoted to prod in a month if we were not using oracle and java stored procedures. This system is 100% batch. It simply reads in flat files and loads them with sqll loader and then masages the data and sends the data to data warehouse (ETL in other words).

I am finding that the UTL_FILE security is flawed in major ways which is contributing to the problems.

The good thing about our culture is the freedom to express ones opinions!

Thanks for yours..