Re: LDAP : why using OID ?

From: Wanderley <wces123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 03:15:06 GMT

Fleury Marcel wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to authentifie Oracle users by LDAP.
> We already use an LDAP server for Unix users authentification.
> So my question is :
> What is the advantage to use OID in the place of an external LDAP server ?
>
> Advices are welcome.
>
> Thank you

I guess it's more a problem of support. Although Oracle claims their database can use "LDAP" directories, when it comes to it, they only support their own and Microsoft's. What a shame.

They always say they are commited to open standards, so why not officially support any LDAP server? I hope Oracle rectifies this soon. Received on Fri Jan 03 2003 - 21:15:06 CST