Oracle startup failure on win2000

From: JonLite <member21638_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 22:11:30 +0000

Hi All,

I recently upgraded a working NT4.0 with Oracle 8.1.6. After upgrade the Oralc e service does not startup. It stays in 'starting' mode 9alloptions for stop, start, etc of win2000 are not available, greyed out). Entering sql gives error of 'oracle not avaible'. I can enter using svrmgrl and only startup oracle. everything seems fine then. Any ideas as to why Oracle fails to start after upgrade. Thanks.

Jon