Re: Outrage that OCP exams are now unproctored - Comments?

From: Wade Noordink <noordw_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Jan 2003 15:03:08 -0800

Its smart business,
Someone does the first exam easily, They are 1/4 the way through, so they go, screw it I will get my work to pay for the required Oracle University course, and do the next 3.
Oracle is hoping to attract more people to it.

And the person who took the exam not realising because they cheated in the first one they have to do the next 3 twice each.

As far as the OCP being worth it, I have been a DBA for Approximately 7 years.
and just recently upgraded my certification to 8i (I know I have been lazy).
And by studying I still learnt useful things that I didn't know (or couldn't be bothered learning)