Re: Outrage that OCP exams are now unproctored - Comments?

From: Christopher Boyle <cboyle_at_hargray.dot.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 09:06:02 -0500

I'll admit it, I am not a DBA anywhere else but at home (8.1.5,8.1.7 and 9.2) but I would be interestested in in learning how to cause and interpret a block dump. ? I did a google search of the newsgroups and found a few examples of how to do it but nothing in enough detail to explain how to read it or even why I would need to dump a block much less how to determine the block to dump. Can anyone recommend a good source for learning this?

(possible joke topics to expound upon include: Asking the world how to take a dump, OCP = Oracle Constipated Professional/Oracle Clueless Professional and decodeing a dump by hand.)

Have a nice day
Chris