Best Approach - remote system

From: John Hunter <jthunter_at_nbnet.nospam.nb.ca>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 12:31:02 GMT

Hey Gang,

Wondering if anyone has comments on the following approach:

Scenario:
We have an office 2000 miles away.
We would like to share data (real time) with them.

We will install a high speed internet line at the remote location. We will use VPN and use border manager software at the remote location to connect back here.
We will create a client server application that resides at the remote location.
We will setup COM+ here on a Win2000 server for our middle tier and database connection.
We will have the database on a server here.

Anyone care to comment?
Thanks,
-John Received on Fri Jan 03 2003 - 06:31:02 CST