Re: Outrage that OCP exams are now unproctored - Comments?

From: Noons <nsouto_at_optusnet.com.au.nospam>
Date: 02 Jan 2003 14:10:24 GMT

"Bert Bear" <bertbear_at_NOSPAMbertbear.net> wrote in news:AGGQ9.6238$0Q1.2911332446_at_newssvr12.news.prodigy.com and I quote:

> Why are you holding Oracle to a higher standard than the other members of
> the computer industry?

Who said I hold only Oracle? I've been pushing for official recognition of IT qualifications independent of maker and version for more years than I care to mention. IBM, Microsoft, Novell, Oracle and a few more on the way. Has it got me anywhere? Nope. But I keep pushing. That's the whole idea. One day the industry might wake up...

> state issued. The only way to do this is for you (and others) to go to
> YOUR/THIER local state government and get them excited enough to create and
> then require certification!!

No. That is not the only option. Last I looked, there are quite a few professional certifications out there that are not state sponsored. They are set by independent industry bodies. IEEE, BCS, ACS, etcetc. Relatively independent bodies who don't follow the "latest version" rubbish.

> Hey! Why don't you look at running for office and making this a campaign
> issue?!

Hate politicians. I'd end up hating myself...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto