Re: Create 9.2.0 database manually

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 2 Jan 2003 01:35:44 -0800

"Timmy Sin" <tswsin_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<av0435$13v$1_at_news.hk.linkage.net>...
> I mean the sql scripts under ~/app/oracle/product/9.2.0/rdbms/admin. Do I
> need to run other additional scripts for the proper functioning of my
> database. I will not use any Java and XML features.

Yes, you will probably want to run some of these scripts. It depends on your application and environment, but for example running utlxplan.sql for selected users (script creates explain table), or statscre.sql (creates PERFSTAT schema for statspack), would be necessary for even testing database.
However, for basic functionality of database you can live only with script mentioned in previous post.

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.