Re: Create 9.2.0 database manually

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 2 Jan 2003 01:25:38 -0800

"Timmy Sin" <tswsin_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<auqs7a$1l2$1_at_news.hk.linkage.net>...
> Thanks for your information. However, it seems that the mentioned feature
> would no longer available since 9.2.0.

> > The easy way to do this is to run dbca, specify all parameters and
> > then let dbca create the database creation scripts without actually
> > creating the database. There will be 1 .sh and 4 to 5 .sql scripts.
> > You can edit the creation scripts, if you want to, before running the
> > .sh file. This way you will let dbca cross all the t's and dot all the
> > i's for you.

You can even in 9.2 use dbca to create your scripts for you. However, it seems to me that dbca in 9.2 is extremely stupid while creating these scripts, so I do not recommend this way anymore, because it takes a lot of editing work to correct generated scripts. For experienced DB creator is quicker to write these scripts manually. Of course, the best way is to use saved scripts from previous DB creation. However, I usually can't find these, when it is necessary. :-

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.