connecting oracle reports 9i to another database via odbc...possible?

From: pheonix1t <9090pheonix1t.at_at_earthlink.net909090.oio>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 21:14:48 GMT

hello people,
I'm in the middle of trying to determine which report tool is a better choice for a customer site. They are running oracle 9i, 8.0.5 and some other database on an SCO server for a medical app. They currently connect to that DB via odbc for doing reports using foxpro, report writer and approach!
So, I've come down to either using ACCESS or oracle reports. On the docs and tutorials, it mentions reports can connect to any data source.   I've tried playing around with it, but don't see where to set the odbc on reports to see other sources. It has settings for text, XML, other oracle databases...stuff like that.
Has anyone done this? I just want to know if it's even possible before I go and read all sorts of docs and books on oracle reports 9i. I tried browsing the docs site and several docs, but no luck.

Thank you and happy new year to all :)

Oskar Received on Tue Dec 31 2002 - 15:14:48 CST