Re: Java to die in 2003

From: Stu Charlton <stuartc_at_mac.com>
Date: 31 Dec 2002 08:59:46 -0800

Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com> wrote in message news:<ulm26wwk1.fsf_at_hotpop.com>...

> Cool. I'll check it out. Is toplink still the industry standard?

For sophisticated stuff, it is. It seems everyone and their brother is coming out with a CMP or JDO engine of some sort, so this market is flooded with lots of very young products. TOPLink is the oldest (over 10 years, back into Smalltalk), followed by Thought's CocoBase.

That Oracle bought TOPLink is very, very interesting. I hope they run with it, really make the effort to evolve the way we access data in a host language.

> > And even better, it doesn't even require you to use CMP, so you can
> > throw EJB out the window.
>
> Well, EJB is in the house. Ain't no getting around that.

But I can dream, can't I?

Cheers
Stu Received on Tue Dec 31 2002 - 10:59:46 CST