Re: Problem with 8i Client Installation - working !!!!

From: Beserko <beserkobob_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 23:41:38 -0500

It's working !!! I erased the db and created another one. I used this again :
http://www.e-gineer.com/instructions/install-oracle9i-on-linux.phtml

BUT I DIDN'T DO THAT :

$ sqlplus /nolog <<!
  connect / as sysdba
  @?/rdbms/admin/catalog
  @?/rdbms/admin/catproc

  !
and it worked.

I created a table, did an "insert" and a simple select. It's running fine.

Now the system tells me to do that. What is it for ?

Error accessing PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE
Warning: Product user profile information not loaded! You may need to run PUPBLD.SQL as SYSTEM

Thanks,

B.