Re: locally managed tablespace & dictionary managed tablespace

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 22:51:44 GMT

Brain fart. I meant don't use Dictionary managed tablespaces. The LMT eliminates a bunch of problems that the dictionary managed ones have. I would go with uniform extents and then you don't have fragmentation. Caution that you don't pick a large size and have a lot of empty tables because you chew up disk space. I have one instance with 2 LMTs for different size objects - one for mostly empty and everything else. (vendor app so there are about 3,000 tables we don't use so they go in the mostly empty tablespace and everything else goes in the other; same for indexes.) Jim
"Pete Sharman" <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com> wrote in message news:aupvlg060j_at_drn.newsguy.com...
> In article <9mPP9.160621$qF3.11566_at_sccrnsc04>, "Jim says...
> >
> >Don't use locally managed tablespaces.
> >Jim
>
> Jim
>
> Can you elucidate please? I found viewpoints like this way back in
history when
> LMT's first came out, but virtually everyone I speak to now uses them.
What's