Re: Outrage that OCP exams are now unproctored - Comments?

From: michael ngong <mngong_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 30 Dec 2002 07:12:25 -0800

Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam> wrote in message news:<3e0d4575$0$7817$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...
> 27 Dec 2002 08:15:19 -0800, michael ngong said (and I quote):
> >
> > It is interesting to note that the OCP,s you know cannnot turn on
> > archiving .
>
> Er? Where did I say that?

>As I said: while laudable, it has nothing to do with OCP being of
any
>value to anyone except Larry's and the "educator's" pockets.

Not being of any value or worthless could mean you get nothing from it even the bare bone basics of Oracle.If worthless or not being of any value have different meanings to us.Then in the strength of that alone the need to read further would have been reduced to zero.
> > I am not trying to back any one here but there could be
> > students of yours who will be found wanting once you deviate the
> > least from the curriculum so why do you expect OCP,s to be different.
>
> There is no such thing as a "student of mine". I think you got me
> confused with someone else?

//You are right //

The point I have all along been making is that OCP is NOT "worthless"
It might not have as much value it could have had "worthless" or not being of any value does not quite fit.

> > OCP should be the exception to life Right?Just as it is not possible
> > to correct other works of life I would think it is not possible to
> > correct OCP,s
>
> Good. Let's scrap the thing then. I think that's what Oracle is
> starting to do with this measure.

Should we then scrap all diplomas whose holders under-perform?

> > I cannot guarantee but you still produce students who are wanting once
> > you step on anything the least deviant from your curriculum.Once more
> > OCP should not be expected to be an exception
>
> I do not produce any students. No educational institution here.
> However, I do expect anyone with proper training to be able to read a
> manual and be able to deduce from basic principles acquired while
> studying what the heck is that manual all about. I see none of the sort
> in any1 with just OCP training.

Results may vary widely.There might be room for improvement in the OCP setup but IMHO "worthless" " of no value" is over said.

Best wishes and Peace in 2003
Michael Tubuo Ngong(DBA) Received on Mon Dec 30 2002 - 09:12:25 CST