Re: Java to die in 2003

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 30 Dec 2002 08:50:14 -0600

On 30 Dec 2002, simonlenn_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> I personally think Oracle moving from C++ to Java as a
> strategic move was not a good idea, already Oracle had an
> excellent language in PL/SQL they could have turned that into a
> full featured programming language when a hardware boxes
> company SUn can do why not the 2nd biggest software company
> that oracle cannot do it.

I don't understand. Oracle didn't "move" to java. They offer intergration with java.

PL/SQL is a "full-featured" language for accessing the database. It is the language of choice. You only use java when you need to do something PL/SQL doesn't accomplish. But, be assured, if java dies, then Oracle can just stop shipping with the Aurora JVM.

--
Galen Boyer