Re: ORA-00600 ... more exactly (from a newbee)

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 16:10:52 +0300

If you have access to Oracle MetaLink, then there's ORA-600 Lookup facility, which has descriptions for some more or less common subcodes of this error. Other than that, I doubt you can find any helpful information on this error anywhere but Oracle Support (except for some really common generic subcodes and their causes). ORA-600 is an internal error, which generally means 'you just discovered a serious bug in our software, please contact OSS and provide them with as much details as you can so that this bug can be fixed in the next release and then maybe we'll backport the fix to your release (or maybe not)".