Re: Microsoft to Oracle SQL

From: Steve Jorgensen <nospam_at_nospam.nospam>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 01:10:56 GMT

I think you could use the MSDE on the client with the Oracle server set up as a linked server under MSDE. MSDE will accept Transact SQL syntax, then execute Oracle queries via OLE DB to get the data for you. The only uncertainty here is whether MSDE supports linked servers or if you would need the Standard Edition SQL Server to do that.