Re: Lost datafile for dataless partition

From: CT <CT_at_nomail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:53:54 -0000

Thanks John for the resopnse,

I tried to offline drop the datafile as per the textbooks (for non partiitioned tablespaces) and Oracle acknowledged this as good, but the drop of the tablespace yeilded and error (ORA-nnn...can confirm at an eariler hour of the morning) tablespace still belonged to an active table (so dropping was not an option, and Oracle still recognised the datafile as alive and kicking) . You see my deilema?!

No such instance of my problem has surfaced in recent times on this news group via metalink or through google search which gives me an insight as to whether i'm at a point of no return regarding this problem and trying to do something that this version of Oracle doesn't allow, or being dense and missing something obvious.

Thanks for the input.
CT