9i CD Pack - Is this demo only?

From: Ryan Berdeen <rberdeen_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 28 Dec 2002 04:29:04 -0800

Does the Oracle 9i Database CD Pack contain demo software only, or can the restricted developement license apply?

I use Oracle at work, and wanted to use it at home to learn. The license given when downloading 9i Enterprise Edition from OTN seemed to be just what i wanted: free, but restricted to developement only. However, i'm on a dial-up connection, so downloading 3 cd's worth of files is not an option.

I was hoping to order the same software on CD, but on the oracle store site (http://oraclestore.oracle.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=10391), it says "If you do not own existing license(s), then you must purchase the associated licenses now or obtain Trial Licenses for a free 30 day evaluation period.", wheras in the license for download there is no time limit, and certain items may be included for 30-day trial.

Would i be safe buying the cd pack for $39.95 and following the restricted use license, or would it expire after 30 days?

Ryan Berdeen Received on Sat Dec 28 2002 - 06:29:04 CST