Lost datafile for dataless partition

From: CT <CT_at_nomail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 02:03:34 -0000

Oracle 8.0.5, on Tru64.

I have a partitioned table which has lost (physically deleted) one of it's datafiles for the partitions. The partition in question contains no data, so no data has been lost, how can I recreate/remove this partition given the absence of any viable physical backups (yes...I know....!) and the absence of archive logs.

Oracle doesn't seem to like the deletion of the tablespace (and associated datafile) for this partition because the datafile isn't there for it to interrogate and remove contents.

Is there a way to force the deletion given I knwo the partition has not been used, or associate a datafile with this paritions tablespace.

Thanks
CT Received on Fri Dec 27 2002 - 20:03:34 CST