Oracle Intelligent Agent will not start

From: FP <francescoperi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 Dec 2002 13:07:31 -0800

I am running Oracle Release 9.2.0.2 on Windows XP. I am trying to switch from standalone to Oracle Management Server, and I can't seem to see all the services running on the local Node when I log onto the Manager Console through the Management Server.

After a preliminary search it appears that the Oracle Intelligent Agent Service is unable to start. My understanding is that the "Discover" feature will not see the currently running services as a consequence. I have tried to start the Agent from the Windows Services manually, but that did not work either.

In the <oracle_home>\network\log directory I found a few logs that seem to point to an installation problem with the Intelligent Agent. Here are the files and the messages within:

agntsrvc.log:

-------------- [Oracleoracle92Agent] ------------ Sending initial service status..
Commandline is "C:\oracle\oracle92\bin\dbsnmpwd.bat" -agent_name Oracleoracle92Agent
2. WAIT_OBJECT_0: Agent exited with retCode 0. Agent failed to startup.
Check C:\oracle\oracle92\network\log\Oracleoracle92Agent.nohup for details

Oracleoracle92Agent.nohup:

dbsnmp.log:

NMS-00001: Warning: dbsnmp unable to connect to SNMP master agent

nmiconf.log:

Warning : Error while sourcing third party discovery file emddiscover.tcl : unable to get value "em_loc" from key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Oracle": The system cannot find the file specified.

These are the clues that I have. Does anybody have any idea of what the problem is? Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Francesco Peri Received on Fri Dec 27 2002 - 15:07:31 CST