Re: Tricky Dynamic SQL question

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 11:48:52 +0300

Weak cursors have one weak point: there is no way to describe them (at least, not in PL/SQL), so you have to know the cursor's %rowtype before you fetch, and you can't determine it dynamically. With DBMS_SQL, there's describe_columns(), but the package only works with scalar data types and doesn't support ADTs...