Re: How can i grant priviledge to user joaquin???

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 07:07:51 +0100

On 26 Dec 2002 21:37:47 -0800,
Joaquin.henriquez-alzola_at_ree.ericsson.se (joaquin) wrote:

>Hi I just created a user in Oracle9i with:
>
>Creates user -- Create user joaquin identified by joaquin;
>Grants access database -- Grant connect joaquin;
>Crearte tablespace --create tablespace joaquin datafile
>'/opt/oracle/product/9.0.1/dbs/mmsoid/users01.dbf' extent management
>local autoallocate;
>Assign table space to user -- alter user joaquin default tablespace
>joaquin;
>

>I log in correctly to with user joaquin and then I try to create a
>table but then it appears.
>
>SQL> create table test
>2 (
>3 hello varchar2(1))
>4 ;
>create table test
>*
>ERROR at line 1:
>ORA-01950: no privileges on tablespace 'JOAQUIN'
>SQL>
>
>Can somedy tell me whats wrong????

No quota on the tablespace

alter user .... quota unlimited on <tablespace>

will resolve this
as will granting the resource role, but this will add the unlimited tablespace privilege, so access to *all* tablespaces

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Dec 27 2002 - 00:07:51 CST