Re: Outrage that OCP exams are now unproctored - Comments?

From: <dev_at_null>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 11:43:29 +1100

On Thu, 26 Dec 2002 21:53:47 +1100, "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> > >You can't devalue something which was worthless in the first place.
> > >
> > >Regards,
> > >Paul
> > >

> > Worthless to whom?
>
> To the industry.
>
> Employers worth working for know it's a heap of doo-dah. Employers who think
> it means something aren't worth working for.

In an ideal world, perhaps.

OK, I'll fez up. I'm doing the OCP (DBA) and have a couple of exams to go.

It has the following value:

In conclusion, the OCP is about money. My money. As far as I'm concerned, the 'people worth working for' are the ones who are going to pay me well regardless of how they are set up or their attitude towards formal qualifications.

As for a newcommer, I reckon it's a pretty good starting point. The OCP gives a good broad basic understanding of how Oracle works and is not a bad pre-requisite to getting down and dirty with the docs, lurking here, running google searches and, of course, playing with the engine.

IMHO, of course.

Steve Roach Received on Thu Dec 26 2002 - 18:43:29 CST