Re: How Do You Empty A Datafile Without Being Able To Take The Database Offline

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 23:17:19 +0100

On 26 Dec 2002 09:28:39 -0800, kwall7904_at_hotmail.com (DK15798) wrote:

>I have a space problem, and I need to dump some data from the
>datafiles (or something to free up some space). I am using Oracle 7.1
>Server on a Windows NT machine. This message has left out in-depth
>detail to avoid getting incorrect answers. I am looking for broad
>general suggestions. Thank you for your help.

So, if you don't want to specify details, for a release that has been obsoleted in the previous century, and which doesn't have many commands everyone is familiar with, why do you expect getting answers at all, except for: export the database?

And, if you want to 'empty' a datafile: *try* it and see what happens. You'd better have a correct backup before you do that

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Dec 26 2002 - 16:17:19 CST