Re: loop - begin backup, end backup Oracle 8.1.7

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 16:46:34 +0100

The database does not issue "begin backup" or "end backup" by itself. There must be a scheduled command somewhere that does this. I have no experience with the SAP tools on an Oracle database so can't help you with that.

Begin and end backup commands are logged in the alert.log file so you can trace there exactly when these commands where issued. The view V$BACKUP shows you the actual status (ACTIVE means in backup mode).

Matthias Arth <arth.mat_at_gmx.net> schreef in berichtnieuws 3e0b2042$1_at_news.sdt.net...