Apache Axis and OC4J Integration as new SOAP Server Help

From: Daniel Hofmann <hofmann3_at_tcnj.edu>
Date: 24 Dec 2002 07:21:51 -0800

I am currently attempting to install Apache Axis (Apache SOAP 3.0) into OC4J in order to replace the older Apache 2.2 SOAP that it uses. Axis deploys fine as a web application.
The problem is this: I deploy a J2EE application using JDeveloper to OC4J. I then deploy to Axis (which is running in OC4J) the class that has the methods I want to expose through SOAP from the J2EE web application.
However, Axis wants the classes for the service. Adding the classes to the classpath for OC4J (for example, putting it in the lib directory) doesn't meet the goal. The problem is Axis instantiates the classes of the web application from the lib directory and attempts to run the calls, but fails when doing JNDI lookups, because what Axis really needs to talk to is the application that is currently deployed and running and in the container, not loading static classes into a JVM and running the methods, which is what happends.

Basically, I have a J2EE application and a SOAP gateway into that application using Apache Axis. Hoever, I cannot get Axis, which is simply a web application, to bind to the current web application that is running.

Any thoughts? Received on Tue Dec 24 2002 - 09:21:51 CST