Re: Java to die in 2003

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 14:08:10 +0300

Hmm... If by the keyword "Java" you are referring to J2EE then I hope you are right. :) If you are referring to the language - I doubt it. As Mr. Morgan noted, we have a lot of better alternatives to C, but it's still here after over 30 years since its introduction. Same's with Pascal, COBOL and just about any other language or technology that got some acceptance and had money and effort invested into it - you don't seriously expect businesses just to dump all their investments, throw away all their current systems and go look for some new buzzword to invest into?