Re: Redo Log Question

From: Burt <burtpelt_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 00:54:37 -0600

"Galen Boyer" <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com> wrote in message news:uof7b515c.fsf_at_hotpop.com...
> On 23 Dec 2002, burtpelt_at_bellsouth.net wrote:
>
> > Just because you aren't face-to-face, you think you can insult anyone?
>
> Okay, walk into a large Oracle users forum and offer up incorrect
> advice. Then, start crying that people are insulting you when others in
> that forum shoot your advice down. What do you think the people in that
> room are going to think of you? Well, that is what's happening in this
> forum, and this is a true professional forum (which seemed to have been
> lost on you). If you were to get off your "I'm a 10 year DBA and I have
> loads of real-world experience and you can't possibly know anything
> about real Oracle administration" high horse you might find out how
> little you know by finding out how much you can learn from some of the
> best in the world.
>
> So what your thoughts just got shot down? Consider it an opportunity to
> regroup and learn what you've been doing incorrectly up until now. You
> obviously have been working in Oracle for awhile. Why not get better at
> it?

I seriously doubt that anyone in an audience would use the terms "You actually haven't got a clue, have you?" . I certainly wouldn't be that rude to someone in front of an audience.

I always learn from things such as this conversation and yes I have a different view on mirroring/multiplexing that could influence future server setups. Actually, a bigger learning for me was to never say "Oracle recommends",
without also providing some kind of supporting proof first.

Where did you get the impression "high horse" . I only put my experience comments in after the first comments (like the clue comment) were posted .