Re: Hi

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: 23 Dec 2002 09:43:41 -0800

Well, in a way you can. It's called a background job:

sqlplus user/pass @test &
sqlplus user/pass @test1 &

The '&' will submit the given task as a background job, thus returning control to the calling shell allowing yet another statement to be processed. If you want the first job to run in the background and have the second job run 'live', simply remove the second '&':

sqlplus user/pass @test &
sqlplus user/pass @test1

test.sql will be executed in the background whilst test1.sql will run in the foreground.

David Fitzjarrell