Copy Database from NT to W2K

From: Giuseppe <giuseppe.didodo_at_bluewin.ch>
Date: 23 Dec 2002 02:09:41 -0800

Hi, I have a question and maybe someone can help. We installed Oracle 7.3.3 on Windows NT, patched it to 7.3.4, then upgraded and migrated it till 8.1.7.4, still under NT. We saved the files, cleaned the machine and installed Windows W2K, because an upgrade fo Windows NT to W2K always crashed.

After the installation of W2K, we installed Oracle 8.1.7.4. We deleted this datafiles and moved the datafiles under it, which we created on NT. We can mount the db, but at the open it crashes with ora-01092. I tried everything like 'recover... backup controlfiles' or 'recover until...', still the same.

I think that basically the files from NT to W2K are not compatible, even if they're NTFS, I think something in NTFS changed between NT and W2K, but if we would migrate the OS, we wouldn't have a problem.

Can somebody agree to this ? or give me a hint ? We really don't know what to do. We didn't want to do export/import to save time, DB is 95G.

thanks for your help Received on Mon Dec 23 2002 - 04:09:41 CST