Windows Multi-node RAC (VMware)

From: Dan Yusuph <oradba_at_mail.kz>
Date: 22 Dec 2002 22:25:32 -0800

Hello Group,

I have successfully installed single-node multi-instance 9.2.0.2.1 RAC on W2K using "how-to" document from oaktable.net. Now I'm trying next how-to: multi-node RAC. There is a requirement that virtual nodes must use "vmware host-only networking", hence both nodes should be configured using DHCP. But it makes the cluster accessible only from "vmware host os", and inaccessible from any other machine in real network.
Have anybody configured vmware multinode RAC either with static IP addressing, or by configuring virtual switches and gateways, or by any other way? The goal is to access virtual RAC database not from vmware host os, but from client workstation in real network. Thank you.

Dan Yusuph Received on Mon Dec 23 2002 - 00:25:32 CST