Brute Force Quickie Developer needs minor assistance finding code tool . . .

From: Syster <syster_at_sys.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 17:02:36 -0800

Hello,

I am new to Oracle. I've been programming various client and web based utilities for MS SQL for years, now we have an Oracle server and I can't proceed in the same fashion of brute force coding that I used to do.

The hospital I work for buys turnkey solutions, and I work on the "workarounds". For MS SQL, I use trace to find any information regarding how the client software accesses the database. I use that information to build my add-on utilities, report and query tools.

My next project is to build a automatic faxing system for our laboratory database. I built the last one for our MS SQL lab system, but we've since upgraded to Oracle. It some version 7 Unix server that I'm not very familiar with.

Here's the problem. I need a tool that will trace the sql statements that pass from the client to the server, similar to SQL Trace for MS SQL. I need to be able to filter what gets traced, say by IP Address or perhaps the workstation name etc.

I would greatly appreciate your wisdom.

Sincerely,

Tony Garrido Received on Sun Dec 22 2002 - 19:02:36 CST