Re: Hi

From: Oradba Linux <oradba_linux_at_attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 23:55:42 GMT

On Sun, 22 Dec 2002 19:47:46 +0000, Ban Spam wrote:

> "Oradba Linux" <oradba_linux_at_attbi.com> wrote in
>

>> I need to write a shell script that would call a sql script . While this
>> sql script is running i need to run another SQL in another session
>> continuously .
>> test.ksh would call test.sql which would run for about 10 -20 minutes .
>> I would like to call test1.sql ( which basically would be like "select *
>> from dual" ) and spool to a log file . Any clues to do this will help .
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> I surmise that you know neither Oracle nor Linux, other than being able to
> spell each of them.
>

> sqlplus << EOF
> @test1
> exit
> EOF
>
> HTH & YMMV!

Yeah you are right thats why i am posting to newsgroup . I did not want to know how to call sql script from a korn shell script . But i want to know how to run another SQL statement continuously ( possibly another shell script ) while this sql script is running . Received on Sun Dec 22 2002 - 17:55:42 CST