Re: Storage clause problem in 9.2

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 19:09:35 +1100

You're doing nothing wrong. You've encountered the fact that 9i uses locally managed tablespaces by default (and a bloody good thing that is too).

You almost certainly have a LMT which allocates nothing but 1M extents. Therefore, your request for a 50M extent is honoured by giving you 50 1MB extents.

You should be happy: this way, nothing but 1MB extents for ANY segment can exist, therefore there is zero risk of fragmentation, and everything is sweet.

Oh, and we don't give a monkey's any more about the number of extents a segment acquires, so 50 extents is perfectly reasonable.

Regards