Conditional Constraint?

From: wing <wingwong_at_witty.com>
Date: 21 Dec 2002 17:35:46 -0800

Hi,

I am new in Oracle and have a query on how to add conditional constraint.

Say, I have a simple table Demerit with three fields.

Demerit(DEM_CODE, DEM_DES, POINTS)
where
DEM_CODE (N, 2)
DEM_DES (C, 30)
POINTS (N, 1) How to add the following constraint?

All DEM_CODE should carry an integer POINT between 1 to 6 inclusive, and DEM_CODE greater than 20 should carry no more than 3 POINT.

Thanks in advance of any ideas and inputs.

Wing Received on Sat Dec 21 2002 - 19:35:46 CST