Role problem!

From: KR <zzb26_at_mail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 01:08:11 +0100

I created a role and it is not doing what I expected it to do. I want user Pete to have select permission on SYS.DBA_TABLESPACES One way would be to do a grant select on SYS.DBA_TABLESPACES to pete; However, I want a role to do it for me since I really want Pete to have select permission on several SYS views and eventually I want several users to have the same select SYS view permissions. I am using 8.1.7. Now, in the DBA Studio, I created a role called ALL_VIEW and then in the "Object Privileges" I added the "select" privilege on "SYS.DBA_TABLESPACES" to the ALL_VIEW role. And finally, I granted Pete the ALL_VIEW role again through DBA Studio.

Now, when I use SQLPlus and login as Pete, I get the following error when I select the view,

SQL> select * from sys.dba_tablespaces;
select * from sys.dba_tablespaces

                  *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Any idea why the role is not working???

kr Received on Sat Dec 21 2002 - 18:08:11 CST