Re: In Oracle 12i what will the buzz words be?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 07:48:10 -0800

Nuno Souto wrote:

> Sat, 21 Dec 2002 02:15:46 -0000, dunesky said (and I quote):
> > Due for release in 2010
> >

> " This time we really, really, really fixed all the bugs in the CBO, LMT,
> undo management, etc. And this time you definitely don't need a DBA to
> run a database! Any database."
>
> --
> Cheers
> Nuno Souto
> nsouto_at_optusnet.com.au.nospam

Knowing Oracle I would expect the following:

  1. The SYSTEM tablespace has been renamed to the MANAGEMENT SUPERPARTITION
  2. The initials will change for CBO and LMT back RBO and DMT even though the letters will no longer stand for the same words
  3. Undo will become Redo rather than Rollback
  4. And, of course, Forms and Reports will have undergone at least a half-dozen renamings too.

Oracle should take all the marketing monkeys that have time on their hands to run around renaming stuff and make them get real jobs.

And all the previously existing bugs will be fixed. We will be treated to new and more creative ones.

But one thing will remain constant ... ORA-03113 will still mean you didn't read the installation instructions

Dan Morgan Received on Sat Dec 21 2002 - 09:48:10 CST