Re: Differences between Undo and Rollback Segments?

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 20 Dec 2002 10:38:11 -0800

In article <3e02617b$1_at_news.userve.net>, "dunesky" says...

>What's the best way to describe the differences between Undo and Rollback
>segments?
>
>Why did Oracle replace Rollback Segments in version 9. I know it's still
>there but they don't recommend using them.
>
>Thx

I see you've had a few answers to this, but I'm not sure if anyone touched on why we swapped to them.

The goal of AUM is to free up your time as a DBA to concentrate on important stuff like capacity planning, rather than mundane crap like managing rollback segments. In other words, it's an ease of management thing.

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Fri Dec 20 2002 - 12:38:11 CST