Re: Download 9.2 for AIX 5.1

From: Chuck <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:45:30 -0500

"Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:amm40v872hvm7v7gkjakpjh9ok927gvoqh_at_4ax.com...
> On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 14:43:26 -0500, "Chuck" <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Fee? I get them free as part of my support contract. What server are you
> >downloading them from?
>

> So why don't you just order them?
> If the free download is too slow for you (and you don't have a support
> contract) you can order them for a measly $39.95
> If you have a support contract I don't see why you can't order them,
> or you must be hitting a deadline. That's your problem, not Oracle's
> The process to get them to you for free is in place isn't it. Just
> submit an Itar and that's it.
>

> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

They were ordered but they are not scheduled to arrive until next week. The customer want's to begin testing their software today.

But the question here is about why Oracle is so slow at serving up files, not whether I should order CDs. I have a dedicated T1 and in 5 years I've never seen a transfer rate from Oracle's domain exceed 50k/s. That's pathetic. I can get 20x that from other sites and that *is* Oracle's problem. Received on Fri Dec 20 2002 - 08:45:30 CST