Re: Performace with 500,000 tables

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 08:53:53 -0000

Isn't it wonderful how you get can get big answers by multiplying together a couple of fairly reasonable numbers !

This leads to another issue, though.
500,000 tables MIGHT survive a very
large shared pool - but if it were 10,000 copies of 50 tables, and all the SQL was sharable SQL aimed at each user's copies of those 50 table, then there would be
10,000 child cursors for every SQL statement, and the library cache would be vast, with massive contention on every latch as people tried to execute their specific child cursor.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk