Re: Oracle on Debian/Linux...

From: alan <alanbrown_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 22:57:26 GMT

Shoot! I thought that might be the problem. Well, I'm gonna go and buy some more memory then. Doh! And then I think I may be forced to re-install linux from scratch in order to give it more swap space.

Thanks for the info. I hope that's it. You guys have been great in helping me out.

cheers,

alan

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:mSrM9.6645$jM5.18937_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> [snip]
> > Any thoughts on the matter. This ones a stumper. I did some searching
on
> > the web and one hint was that I may be working with too small a swap
> space.
> > I only have a machine with 128MB of memory and 256MB of swap space. Is
> that
> > adequate. I know it's far from optimal, but I only need this db for
> > development purposes so I'm not panicing about performance.
> >

> This is 9i, right? 9i really requires a minimum of 192MB of RAM. And far
> more swap space than you're currently giving it.
>
> At the very least, bump up swap to something more like 1GB.
>
> But even then, I've never succeeded with a 128MB installation.
>
> Regards
> HJR
>

> > thanks
> >
> > alan
> >

> > "Klaus Naumann" <knaumann_at_gmx-ag.de> wrote in message
> > > On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 19:44:45 +0100, alan wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,

> > > No problem :-)

I've