Re: I can not see Database node

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 22:41:44 +0100

On 19 Dec 2002 03:48:12 -0800, trivedisandeep_at_yahoo.com (Sandy) wrote:

>I have installed Oracle Enterprise Manager 2.1, it install properlly
>but how do i add tablespac and database from this screen , since i am
>not getting database option in navigator
>
>pls any one tell me this problem

First ascertain the Intelligent Agent on the server is running. OEM comes with an option to 'ping the agent' (don't know exactly *where* it is, but it is in the tools menu)
Other than that you can run a
lsnrctl dbsnmp_status
on the server.
You should get a message
the db subagent is already started.

If the agent is not started you should either run lnsrctl dbsnmp_start (pre 9i, Unix) or start the Intelligent Agent service in the service applet in Control Panel (Winblows)

If this doesn't help you out, the discovery process fails and you should delete all files from $ORACLE_HOME/network/agent and restart the agent.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Dec 19 2002 - 15:41:44 CST