Re: ora-27123

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 22:41:43 +0100

On 19 Dec 2002 04:47:41 -0800, anjalm74_at_yahoo.com (ANJAL) wrote:

>how much SGA i can increase & which other parameters should i take
>into consideration to solve this problem..

The *first* thing you should do is tune the SQL.

Oracle advises against any SGA bigger than one third of physical RAM, and experience tells if you don't stick to this rule, you will increase paging and force the complete server to go on it's knee.

Up to you on which road to hell you want to venture.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Dec 19 2002 - 15:41:43 CST